Phishing emails #1 threat to UK businesses
Malicious links within emails are posing the biggest cyber threat to businesses across the UK, US, Germany and Australia, according to 59% of business decision-makers asked in a recent survey.
When asked what they see as the biggest threat to their organisation, business decision-makers ranked phishing emails as the top threat:
Cyber Threatscape Top 10
- Malicious links within emails – 59%
- Employees sharing usernames/passwords – 33%
- USB memory sticks/removable storage – 31%
- Users not following protocol/data protection policies – 30%
- Ex-employees retaining access to network – 28%
- Infection via malware from personal devices – 26%
- Hackers – 25%
- Employees using non-authorised tools/applications for work purposes (personal email drives/file sharing) – 25%
- Social media viruses – 24%
- Critical information on stolen devices – 23%
Email remains a popular tool for attackers to launch cyber attacks, distribute ransomware and other forms of malware, or to commit fraud via business email compromise.