Why do I have two dashes above my email signature?
After configuring Patronum to update your email signatures within Google Gmail automatically, you may notice that when you’re composing an email in Gmail, there are two dashes above the email signature.
This is the default behaviour for Google Workspace and is caused when the Gmail setting “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it” is disabled. To remove these two dashes you need to enable this feature. Unfortunately, there isn’t an automatic way in which Patronum can do this for you, so each user will need to do this manually.
To remove the two dashes, follow these steps.
1. Access Gmail via the browser.
2. Within Gmail select the cog Settings icon, which is located at the top right of the window.
3. From the Settings menu, select See all settings.
4. Within the Settings section, select the General tab.
5. Scroll down to the Signature section.
6. Check the Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–“ line that precedes it option:
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the General section, and select Save Changes.
The two dashes will now be removed from your Gmail email signature when you are composing your new email messages.